Subject: Re: NetBSD is running now -- questions...
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/20/1995 13:16:32
Hi Leo,

> The only thing that does not work is mounting a msdos-disk using
> the vnd-devices. This causes the msdosfs-driver to choose the wrong
> fat size (16 instead of 12).

Eh..., what exactly are vnd-devices?

IIRC the size of a FAT entry depends on the device type, 12 for
floppy, 16 for anything else. I'm afraid the `v' in vnd is short
for `virtual', which implies that it is not possible to detect
the type of the physical device hiding behind the virtual one?

> So if you've got some time to spare after your mailbox is empty.... ;-)

I've finished august only this week, july and june are still
waiting. :-) :-(

Waldi