Subject: Re: NetBSD is running now -- questions...
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/20/1995 00:40:14
In <199510181449.PAA18808@pf2.phil.uni-sb.de>, Benjamin Lorenz <benni@phil.uni-sb.de> wrote:

> I am using a netbsd #5 kernel with DMA to TT Ram disabled.
> (Is this still needed?...)

No, it ain't (at least not on my TT).

>  - under heavy load (well, while running the /etc/daily script ;))
>    the keyboard driver doubles some input characters:
>    I write hello and I get hhellloo or something similar.

Never seen it. Must be a new feature. :-)

Fixed a long time ago. AFAIK the pre-compiled kernel at ftp.netbsd.org
includes the patches (not sure if they were added to the source tree).

What exactly does not work? Error message from mount? Garbage?
Boot sector data?

>  - quotas are "not build in this kernel". Is this a general
>    problem or just some decision while configuring the
>    kernel?

An option in the config file. Works fine (for me) if enabled.

>  - fsck always checks the filesystem and mount says: please fsck(8).
>    Seems as if the clean flag never gets set?

Seems you've got an old fsck. :-)

>  - I found a pppd -- is SLIP also compiled in? Where can I find
>    a dip source and/or binary that compiles/runs under NetBSD?

SLIP is in, but I never tried it.
If nobody on this list is using dip, ask the netbsd-users list.

Waldi