Subject: Re: NetBSD is running now -- questions...
To: Benjamin Lorenz <benni@phil.uni-sb.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/19/1995 21:43:35

> Huhu,
>
> thanks for the help -- I think I will wait until the 1.1 release is out
> before installing and configuring the complete system including X11.
The kernel you have is not capable of running X11 because of your first
question... This is when I noticed that I mixed the device entries of
the master and slave ;-)

> But more questions arised today:
>
>  - I can't get a pseudo terminal
>    The device nodes are there: /dev/ttyp0, etc... and they are rw-rw-rw
>    telnet localhost hangs after the "connected to" message
>    and emacs can't run a shell (M-x shell) or gdb (M-x gdb)...
I hate to say this, but this was also fixed in the latest kernel ;-) This
makes me wonder where you've got that kernel. The latest distribution I've
submitted on Aug. 20 fixes most of your questions. Did you recently obtain
your distribution?

Leo.