Subject: Re: NetBSD is running now -- questions...
To: None <benni@phil.uni-sb.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/19/1995 10:18:00
> > Here come a lot of questions / remarks
>
> Forgot one:
>
>  - How do I get more than one virtual console?
Increase the value of 'st_pool_size'. You can do it through the kernel
config file (options "ST_POOL_SIZE=<number of pages>") or through the
binpatch program on the kernel image. The binpatch program is available
in the dir. .../arch/atari/utils.NetBSD . Don't forget to supply also
the option '-o 8192' when binpatching the kernel.

For the record:

The use of the '-o' option on the kernel is still not in the manual, it's
still pending :-( .  I found the cause of it's need however.
The kernel is linked as an NMAGIC executable and '-T 0'. The macro's in
sys/exec_aout.h assume a '-T 8192' - which is the default.  I don't know
how this can be solved, because the text address is not recorded in the
aout header. I must admit however that I haven't looked very hard...

Leo.