Subject: Re: Building your own kernel
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nat! <bsdnat@zumdick.rhein-main.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/15/1995 19:02:58
In <m0t4UHC-00007uC@waux11.wau.mis.ah.nl> you (Leo Weppelman) wrote:

>> In <m0t2baE-00007uC@waux11.wau.mis.ah.nl> you (Leo Weppelman) wrote:
>> Ok I got that. When I say 'make' I get something like "only links and tags",
>> which looking at the Makefile in src/arch/atari doesn't surprise me...
>> Is this really all I need ?
>Yes. The build steps are:
>	1) cd ..../src/arch/atari/conf
>	2) Select a config file you like, edit it if you wish
>	3) Type: config <the file you choose>
>	4) cd ../compile/<the file you choose>
>	5) make depend
>	6) make
Will try this. Thanks.

>> Wouldn't it be better for me to get the whole Repository (from somewhere)
>> and then later on diffs thereof, then this large tar file ?
>The whole repository seems a bit over done when you only want to build a
>new kernel ;-) When you want all sources, be sure you have about 180Mb
>disk space. This excludes the space needed to store the objects.
Well OK not the _whole_ repository but only those needed for the
kernel. CVS has a facility to generate patch files, from one version
to another. So one might get the patch file for all the modules directory
that one wants, apply them and commit the result to update the kernel.

I am just a bit worried that when release 1.1 strikes I have to
refetch the whole bit again...

What is the sup-commando BTW ?

Nat!

------------------"Bang that bit that doesn't bang"---------------