Subject: Binpatching st_pool_size
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nat! <bsdnat@zumdick.rhein-main.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/03/1995 13:42:54
I've got a stupid little problem. I can't up the St_pool_size.
What I have done so far is:

Copied the kernel "netbsd" onto my root partition

Copied "binpatch" into "/sbin"

> cd /
> ls netbsd
netbsd
> /sbin/binpatch -l -s st_pool_size /netbsd
Symbol not found
> /sbin/binpatch -l -s St_pool_size /netbsd
Symbol not found
> /sbin/binpatch -l -s _st_pool_size /netbsd
_st_pool_size(0x80ACE): 16367325623 (0x6467F139)

[ The values are from memory and therefore similiar to those
  I encounter in reality, but NOT exactly the same ]

Ok I think with the last command, I just ventured into the
symbol table. And the values are so off, that I ain't
changing anything there.

What am I doing wrong ?

Nat!

------------------"Bang that bit that doesn't bang"---------------