Subject: I'm on the Internet
To: Leo Weppelman <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
From: Abdulkareem ROOT <root@FusionKaster.my.domain>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/23/1995 00:37:04
I'm writing this letter using Pine running under NetBSD/atari going
through my PPP provider.

I can't belive that after so long I've been able to setup PPP with ease--
I guess the initial struggle with UNIX was worth it.

I'm going to post my brief How-To just as soon as I get one thing
resolved: cu.

These are the steps I have to take.
1. cu -p port1 -l /dev/mdm02
   dial and enter my login
2. Switch to ttye0 and type pppd crtscts defaultroute /dev/mdm02 19200
3. Switch to ttye1 and exit from cu-- that is unless it does not hangup
   after saing: "cu: write: message too long"
4. I'm connected.

ftp, telnet, lynx, ping, sendmail all work!

-------
My /etc/hosts

#
# Host Database
# This file should contain the addresses and aliases
# for local hosts that share this file.
# It is used only for "ifconfig" and other operations
# before the nameserver is started.
#
#
127.0.0.1		localhost localhost.my.domain
#

192.215.96.2	ccnet.com	ccnet
#153.215.153.22

# Imaginary network.
127.0.0.2		FusionKaster.my.domain myname
#0.3		myfriend.my.domain myfriend

--------
My ppp.conf

# ppp.conf
#
ccnet	out
debug=1
add_route=-
localhost=0,0
remotehost=0,0
send_username=asx
send_passwd=<wouldn't you like to know>
------
My networks file:

#	networks
#
#	22.Jun.95  Abdulkareem
#	Modified by comparing with Linux
#
loopback	127.0.0.0
localnet	127.0.0.0

ccnet.com	192.215.96.2

------
I'll check if anything else is needed and post it

doppp reports that chat script failed.

This is what does not work:

#!/bin/sh
#
# /etc/doppp
#
pppd mdm02 19200 connect /etc/ppp/dochat crtscts -d passive defaultroute -vj

--------
#!/bin/sh
# /etc/ppp/dochat
#
chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chat

-------
The /etc/ppp/chat file:

ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER' '' ATZ OK ATDT9887140 CONNECT
ogin: asx assword: <my password>

----

Hope this helps out some people and gets me some feedback.  At the moment
I can send email out to the world but can't get email to my computer -- I
still have to telnet.

Explorer - asx@ccnet.com  <------ replyto
the Supervisor