Subject: Re: Status report/inquiry
To: None <volker@iam.uni-bonn.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/14/1995 08:34:00
> In article <m0sqTE5-00008hC@waux11.ahwau.ahold.nl> you write:
> >    - Parallel port support.
> >	I am not only thinking about printers. If I am right, the
> >	pc532-port also has PLIP. This might also be nice.
>
> That is true, but I think Appletalk compatible LAN support might be
> more important.
This sure is something to put on the todo list.

> >    - Atari specific docs/manual pages.
> >	    - boot process
>
> Yes!  That brings me to the question:  Now that NetBSD/Atari supports
> disklabels, why not do it like Atari Unix System V and mark the NetBSD
> partition UNX ... that way we will be able to autoboot.
I never worked with Atari Unix ;-) But the idea of a native boot should
be one the list. I've had some discussions about it before. Changing the
partition id is not enough. There needs to be a bootstrap loader too. I
saw some code in the the NetBSD source tree (I thought for the sun or hp)
that was called ufsboot. It might be interesting too look at...

> >    - Floppy
> >	Can someone verify if 1.44Mb is _really_ working?

Billy verified this one to work. Just be sure to use the correct
devices (360Kb/720Kb/1.44Mb == fd0a/b/c).

> And here's another item for your to-do list:
>
>     - Ethernet support
> 	- Riebl Card [I have one, and I could do the support if I only
>           had RAM and more time 8-(, but I'll betatest]
> 	- Pam's, Bionet etc.
Also interesting are SCSI-ethernet cards...

Leo.