Subject: Elm 2.4
To: None <port-m68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Explorer <asx@ccnet.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 08/16/1995 11:03:23
Hi.  I got a hold of ELM and have successfully compiled it under
NetBSD/atari with minor modifications to the Makefile to use BSD signal
calls.

I ran Configure to set ELM to use set uid(), using /var/mail for unread
mail delivery, /usr/spool/mail for non mail locks.  I'm not using dot
locking but am using fcntl() and flock() style locking.

The first time I tried running the program it reported that there was a
lock in place and after 7 attempts, it exited.

I then cleared /var/mail of any messages (I was using mail and sendmail)
and ran ELM again.  It worked.  I was able to send mail.

However, when I login the second pseudo terminal (ttye1), I get the
message that the lock is in place and it aborts after 7 attempts.

What's going on here?

/var/mail has all permissions except others write:
drwxrwxr-x   root    wheel     /var/mail

-------------
I also compiled (successfully) Minicom 1.71.  This program runs and even
initializes the modem (the TR lights up) but nothing else is sent to the
modem: I cannot type anything to the modem, the program dials out but it
has no effect.

I've tried compiling with termios and termlib -- make options -- but no
change.  My modem is /dev/mdm02 (Atari specific.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I am superman.