Subject: Keyboard maps
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 07/19/1995 23:03:27
I know that there are some people having trouble with the current
keyboard mapping (those not having a uk-layout). There is
something to make life easier! In the atari kernel source tree
(..../NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/sys/arch/atari/stand to be exact),
there now is a directory 'loadkmap'. Just grab that directory and
do the following (substitute your country code for xx):
	1) make xx-kbdmap; make loadkmap
	2) xx-kbdmap > xxmap
	3) Now put loadkmap and xxmap somewhere you like (eq. /etc/keymaps)
	4) Add a line to /et/rc.local: /etc/keymaps/loadkmap /etc/keymaps/xxmap
	   or type this (each time) from the comandline.

Unfortunately, due to a bug in the kernel, the map will be reset to the
standard map when _one_ of the virtual consoles logout. I will fix this
as soon as possible. But this will at least reduce the nuisance of a
keyboard mis-map considerably.
If the map you need is not present. Please create one and send me the
source, so I can put it on sun-lamp for others to use.

Leo.