Subject: COnfiguration
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adventurer <asx@ccnet.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/23/1995 00:54:15
Well, I ran the Configure utility once again and was unable to obtain a
working network once again.

The timed and sendmail programs keep saying that they cannot find my
hostname: dingBAT.netbsd.home.

And of course when rc.net netstart run, they say
dingBAT.netbsd.home: Bad value.

domainname returns a blank -- of course when I create /etc/defaultdomain,
it reports whatever is there.
hostname returns dingBAT.netbsd.home.

Please let me know which files I need to attach for someone to offer me
assistance in configuring my system so that I can _finally_ use it to
connect to my internet provider using PPP.  I have not even tried to use
PPP so I don't even know if that works!  But, I can scrounge around and
get a pppd from somewhere, though.

Any help (here or private email) will be greatly appreciated and will go
into my log to be later posted as a 'Getting Started with NetBSD: a
novice's guide.'

Thanks.

<TAGLINE - thinking..>					countdown 7