Subject: Kernel #430
To: NetBSD for Atari <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benjamin Lorenz <benni@phil.uni-sb.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/16/1995 22:31:57
Hi Leo!

Seems as if NetBSD and me, we can't do together.. :-(
Tried your kernel netbsd.benni.gz, but I can't enter rd0 at the prompt,
because all I get after pressing 'r' is:

root device> rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

While pressing the key, I have a repeat rate of -- say, 200r/s! :-)
Can you change the root device to be
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd00000000000000000000000000000000000000  ?

Only one time, I succeeded in typing rd0 (after trying netbsd.5 again,
here this error never happens). But after getting # and making some
'ls', the machine hang after typing "cd mnt". No prompt, nothing --
just dead. And no debugger...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :-(
--
      ,,,,