Subject: Re: Modem 2
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/13/1995 09:58:00
> I can't seem to use modem 2.  When I use cu:
>
> cu -l /dev/mdm02 -n
> The system asks for the number but then says: "..can't open..".
>
> Ditto with minicom (which I compiled from the source availble at
> tsx-11.)  I did create a /etc/minicom.users file with root user.
I'll try this at home tonight. But I think this is a cu-setup problem
as I always use cu to dial out...

> By the way, I'd also like to know how to add users to the system.  I
> can't simply edit the passwd file.  Also, I can't login with any other
> user (this is the original distributions passwd file.)  Everytime I try
> toor, it says incorrect login.  And I did change the password
> successfully (as reported by chfn) and tried the password to no avail.
Try 'vipw', Maybe you should also install the security package. It isn;t
available for the Atari (yet). But I think the Amiga will do. I cannot
(read are not allowed to) test this myself.

> Also, where can I go/what file I should modify to enable the use of the
> '|', '\', and the proper assignment of the " (double quote) keys.
Ahh, I guess you have an US-keyboard ;-) I already have a small prog
to download the tables, as Helmar has the same probs for his german
keyboard. All you have to do is create the US table. I'll send the stuff
to you tonight along with a 'how-to'. When it's done, your table can
be put somewhere in the distribution...

Leo.