Subject: Modem 2
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adventurer <asx@ccnet.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/12/1995 22:50:28
I can't seem to use modem 2.  When I use cu:

cu -l /dev/mdm02 -n
The system asks for the number but then says: "..can't open..".

Ditto with minicom (which I compiled from the source availble at
tsx-11.)  I did create a /etc/minicom.users file with root user.

By the way, I'd also like to know how to add users to the system.  I
can't simply edit the passwd file.  Also, I can't login with any other
user (this is the original distributions passwd file.)  Everytime I try
toor, it says incorrect login.  And I did change the password
successfully (as reported by chfn) and tried the password to no avail.

Also, where can I go/what file I should modify to enable the use of the
'|', '\', and the proper assignment of the " (double quote) keys.

<TAGLINE - hang on..>					countdown 9
"Me follow.. hell no!"