Subject: Re: can't install NetBSD...
To: NetBSD for Atari <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benjamin Lorenz <benni@phil.uni-sb.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/10/1995 00:28:17
Huhu Leo!

> Waldi mentioned to me that he has had the problem once and never
> again... What he told me was that when booting NetBSD from Magic
> the problems were gone. It looks like something is not explicitely
> initialized that should be. Strange thing is that you are the only
> one always having this problem :-(

Okay, how do I boot from Magic? Is it possible before NetBSD is
actually installed?

> Ain't there something usefull in the dump info shown?
Next time the system crashes I will try to extract usefull information
from there...

> As a general rule, I only upload files in both flavors when people might
> need them before NetBSD is installed. I've got complaints from people
> that they couldn't decompress...

But gzip for TOS exists! Perhaps you could add a gzip binary to the
utils directory. I will go and look for it, ok?

Benni
--
      ,,,,
      /'^'\