Subject: Re: NetBSD #5
To: Adventurer <asx@ccnet.com>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/09/1995 22:35:48

> By the way, when the automated (boot time) fsck completes, and the drives
> are mounted it keeps telling me that I should run fsck.  Well, this
> happens every time I do a mount -av.  Fsck reports ok, though.  May be I
> should go back to #4??
No, almost certainly not. This point I think I mentioned in the README...
NetBSD #5 correctly handles the fs-clean bit on the filesystems. The
previous versions never checked this flag and happily did an fsck -p on
each requested filesystem, even when it was cleanly unmounted. The new
version just say: filesystem clean, skipping (or something like that).
The problem is, however, you'll need a new fsck! I think I should put
one on sun-lamp. As every one is currently forced to stay with -current.
As soon as I did it, I'll notify all of you...

Leo.