Subject: can't install NetBSD...
To: NetBSD for Atari <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benjamin Lorenz <benni@phil.uni-sb.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/09/1995 20:58:13
Hi Leo, hi Waldi,

today I decided to make another try in installing NetBSD on my TT, but
with _no_ success at all! :-(

Ok, TT-high is working now, but I DONT get rid of these f*cking
MMU faults!

I have only 2 MB ST-ram, you know, and 20 MB TT-ram. I tried booting
with 4, 6 and 20 MB TT-ram (using loadbsd -T).

Sometimes I get MMU fault right after "press RETURN for sh", or simply
nothing happens at all, or some vvvvvvvv are printed on the screen
and that's it.

The time when the kernel crashes is NOT deterministic. Sometimes right
after loading the ramsys, sometimes while loading /bin/sh...

Waldi, you have a lot of TT-ram, too! What the hell goes up on my TT?
Linux runs absolutely stable (6-10 days uptime without trouble).

There seems to be nothing special with my TT beside the 2 MB ST-ram.
I have 4 SCSI devices: Quantum LPS 520MB, Conner 120MB, Toshiba 3401 CD-ROM,
Fujitsu M2512A MO-Drive.

DMA to TT-ram is disabled and I was using the netbsd.5 kernel.

Help! :-(((
Benni

PS: Leo, why do you upload some files twice, packed and unpacked?
    Mirror sites have to transfer more data than needed and some people
    like knarf (Frank Bartels) have to pay for each megabyte (knarf is
    mirroring my server at SB, which in turn mirrors sun-lamp).
--
      ,,,,
      /'^'\