Subject: Netwinder installation suggestions
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Woodhams <kwoodhams2@yahoo.ca>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/25/2003 17:28:09
Hi everyone. I've been monitoring the following website for a while
now http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/netwinder/

To my despair there aren't any installation or help documents available
for this platform so I'm resorting to anyone on these lists who are
successfully running Netwinder servers with NetBSD 1.6

It is my understanding that in order for the Netwinder firmware to boot
NetBSD, the boot partition must be linux ex2fs. Is it a good idea to
make the entire root / partition ex2fs (which will contain the netbsd
kernel)? If not then what do you guys recommend? Should it just contain
the kernel, anything else?

I also remember reading that one of the network interfaces isn't
supported by NetBSD. Is that still the case?

Any other help or tips would be greatly appreciated, especially stories
about any (in)stability issues. I would like to use this Netwinder as a

small mail server (5-6 users) running Postfix and Cyrus-IMAPD.