Subject: Re: Proposal to fix booted_kernel on shark.
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: None <toddpw@toddpw.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/20/2003 19:31:05
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 09:10:55AM -0800, toddpw@toddpw.org wrote:
>
>  > mrg pointed out that this could confuse somebody with an a.out userland...
>  > and I agree. Those programs will now get errors trying to grovel the wrong
>  > kernel.
>
> If they're using an a.out userland, why would they have /netbsd.aout ?

They could be retrofitting an old system with a new kernel, in order to solve
a problem without reinstalling their whole machine.

Since apparently some libkvm's can grok both OMF's, this is probably better
fixed in libkvm.  Everyone who cares about the kernel OMF should be using it?

--
Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ toddpw.org