Subject: New cats firmware
To: None <port-cats@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/06/2002 20:18:54
Hi,

Just a heads up, simtec have release 1.3 of the firmware, seems that it's
cured at least one person's problems with X, also should be able to cope
with more PCI gfx cards.

Note that the instructions don't mention that you can boot the flash rom
from disk with something like:
boot wd0a:flash-x86.img

Also note that the firmware can now support kernels upto 5MB in total size
(text, data and bss), which means that I may update the INSTALL kernel to
include some of the devs that I removed from it, but it means that we may
have to require people update their firmware for the next release. (post
1.6)

Oh the image is available from:
http://www.simtec.co.uk/products/EB110ATX/support.shtml

Cheers,