Subject: Re: Mosaic browser library
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Phillip Marsden <phillip.marsden@btinternet.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/22/2002 22:20:09
At 00:38 22/06/2002 +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
>On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Phillip Marsden wrote:
>
>         Did you have to force any package installation while installing
>         galeon? That could quite easily give the above behaviour.
Yes I did. Will have to think out a proper strategy in future.

> > What browsers are available? I have not installed KDE yet, but I can run
> > Gnome, but am running fvwm95 at the moment as it runs rather quicker than
> > Gnome. Gnome runs slightly quicker than on my Pentium 120, but much slower
> > than my Pentium 500, and when you get used to the higher speeds..
>
>         I'd recommend 'dillo' as a small and fast webbrower. Its not the
>         more featureful, but can certainly handle tables :) I tend to
>         go with galeon on larger machines, but skipstone may also be
>         worth checking out.

Thanks for the tip on dillo. I downloaded and installed. It works fine on
the few sites that I tested.

How do I install Galeon when, as I mentioned in the original post, that it
eventually asked for mozilla-1.0rc1, and I cannot find this file anywhere?

I have now got to the stage where I can download the required packages
directly onto the NetBSD partition from within NetBSD. This helps to make
things quicker. Has anyone written a utility to download packages from the
ftp site where the ftp site version is newer? Perhaps I should just knock
one up in shell?

On the subject of downloading, I note that space will soon be at a premium,
as the drive I am using has only 2GB. Is it possible to create and mount a
NetBSD partition on an IDEFS drive (APDL controller)?

--

Regards, Phillip Marsden.

phillip.marsden@btinternet.com