Subject: Re: Serial and PPP howto
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Phillip Marsden <phillip.marsden@btinternet.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/17/2002 21:07:44
At 20:32 17/06/2002 +0100, Ben Harris wrote:
>[snip]

I will try /dev/tty0.

Much obliged for all your efforts. I have a lot of documentation on ppp
from Linux, but I did not get it to work very successfully on that, and had
to rely on Kppp to do the job. I do however appreciate your effort in
putting together your notes on your working version.

> > A HOWTO which deals with RISC-PC
> >specific hardware in general would be appreciated.
>
>What would you like it to tell you?

I put this in as I thought that, if such a document existed, it would save
me bothering other people. I cannot, off the top of my head, think of
anything hardware-wise which I should require, as all the internal bits and
pieces are dealt with by the programmers, and I know that ne0 is the device
for my I-Cubed network card.

BTW, I have had several replies to my queries (which I appreciate), and
each time, there have been two copies sent to me. I have discovered that
there are several differences, as follows:

Email1
Sender: port-arm32-owner@netbsd.org

Email2
Sender: Ben Harris <bjharris@chiark.greenend.org.uk>

A similar thing happened with the response from Chris Gilbert.

--

Regards, Phillip Marsden.

phillip.marsden@btinternet.com