Subject: Re: KDE and arm32 1.5.2
To: Phillip Marsden <phillip.marsden@btinternet.com>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/10/2002 15:36:41
> I then started X, and got twm. The NetBSD chaps at the Wakefield RISC OS
> show were all running KDE, but I cannot find this. Perhaps I am looking
> in the wrong place? Could someone tell me if I am using the wrong
> version of the NetBSD port in order to have the KDE? How do I obtain
> KDE or Gnome?

NetBSD is pretty light on what is installed by default to give you more
choice about the packages you install.

There is a KDE 1.1.2 package for NetBSD 1.5 (which will be fine for 1.5.2)
but if you want a more recent version you will need to compile it yourself.
This is pretty easy if the NetBSD machine has internet access and has pkgsrc
available.

I think doing a

pkg_add ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.5/arm32/All/kde-1.1.2nb1.tgz

will download KDE 1.1.2 and all its dependencies and install it on your system.
Be warned that this will probably involve some big downloads.

Good Luck

Mike