Subject: KDE and arm32 1.5.2
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Phillip Marsden <phillip.marsden@btinternet.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/10/2002 15:05:37
I have finally installed a working arm32 1.5.2 on my RiscPC.

This was achieved by using the !BtNetBSD from 1.5.1 and the iso image
from 1.5.2, as there was no !BtNetBSD provided with 1.5.2, as far as I
could tell.

The NetBSD can now be booted by dropping the unzipped netbsd/RISCPC from
1.5.2, onto !BtNetBSD (after I changed the filetype to DATA not
mentioned anywhere) and I end up with a command line prompt. :o)

I then started X, and got twm. The NetBSD chaps at the Wakefield RISC OS
show were all running KDE, but I cannot find this. Perhaps I am looking
in the wrong place? Could someone tell me if I am using the wrong
version of the NetBSD port in order to have the KDE? How do I obtain
KDE or Gnome?

--

Regards, Phillip Marsden.