Subject: DNARD (Shark) Firmware environment EEPROM
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/20/2002 17:52:33
--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 08:15:04AM -0700, Mark Hayter wrote:

> Also, the environment is stored separately from the OFW.=20

Which reminds me - is there an easy hardware method to erase the
environment EEPROM?

(Where easy is defined as "does not involve desoldering it, and putting in
a different one.)

When travelling to a semi-public event 1.5 years ago, I did set a firmware
password, and did set an explicit invalid network booting address, to mostly
secure the machine - it is secure enough that I can't boot anything differe=
nt
from disk:\netbsd now that I've tried and found that I've forgotten that
password.

Regards,
	-is

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0