Subject: DNARD (Shark) Firmware
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Henry C. Schmitt <Henry@Schmitt.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/20/2002 07:10:46
We're trying to get a couple of Digital (DNARD) Shark computers up and
running.  We've removed the Zip drive and added a 2.5" laptop drive.
One of the Sharks we believe has corrupted firmware, when doing a
printenv we get a repeated garbage character at the end.  We tried to
find the firmware to download and flash, but Chris Demetriou has
apparently stopped making it available. Can anyone provide us with a
copy of the firmware?

Also, the Open Firmware apparently can't see the disk properly.  It
gives "Can't read disklable package" and "Can't open boot device"
errors and then boots from the net.  After getting the NetBSD Install
kernel across the net, it can see the disk drive just fine.  We're
going to try netbooting with a regular kernel next. Any ideas on how
we can get OF to see the disk?

Thanx!