Subject: Re: Risc PC as a network server?
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/20/2002 00:01:17
> Well I have the 100M network and could probably afford the card providing that
> Castle are helpful with respect to technical info. Does anyone know if it uses
> DMA? The RiscPC DMA code in NetBSD is somewhat lacking. I have been looking at
> it recently with a view to using it in some of the SCSI drivers.

I've got a 100M network as well, but given my past performance on getting
kernel things sorted, I'd better not volunteer to do anything else :-(

Given that it's a card from Castle, and their Kinetic card doesn't live
particularly well with DMA, I'd be surprised if it absolutely had to use
DMA.

Hmm, a DMA model for the RPC; IIRC that's something else I said I'd think
about.  We really really need one for the sound system.

R.