Subject: Re: Bad disklabel
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Kozberski <pkoz@adam.com.au>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/18/2002 18:22:42
On Thu 17 Jan, Ben Harris wrote:

> In article <Marcel-1.53-0117064344-0b0%Pvi@pkoz.adam.com.au> you write:

> >> What machine are you talking about, and what "Bad disklabel" error at what
> >> point (that is, what where you doing)?
> >The Bootloader is for riscpc/a7000/nc/imago.
> >My first time onto my rpc.
> >
> >The text of mountufs looks to generate the labels for me.
> >This is roughly what I did:
> >Reinitialize the 420Mb HD to a filecore of 160Mb.
> >Then used bb_netbsd to add a partition and the file saved into scrap
> >as a jump address to find bsd.
> >Then I changed the Desktop and Predesk files as discribed.
> >Then ran BtNetBSD from bootup and the desktop.
> >I also altered the screen to X1024 Y768 C256.
> >It stops at wd0a where I expect it to set the root in directory
> >UnixFS:
>
> As far as I can see, you haven't actually installed NetBSD at any point.
> Try booting the installation kernel (netbsd.RPCINST -- you'll probably have
> to gunzip it first) instead.

I still get 'no disclabel' error.
I don't get to RPCINST.
I'm expecting UnixFS: to be set to ADFS::4.$.netbsd. Is this correct?
What does 'filing system must be given a filename at 1630' mean?

Do I need to format the drive differently?
I'm using BtNetBSD ver .91 and netbsd 1.52 on a riscos 3.5 rpc

--
Peter Kozberski ----- pkoz@adam.com.au