Subject: Xarm32VIDC support for wscons
To: , <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/03/2002 16:32:53
I should probably have announced this before Christmas:

I've applied some hacks to Xarm32VIDC (the X server used by
NetBSD/acorn32) such that it minimally works with wscons.  This means that
it's usable on the NC.  Currently, it's only available in source form (get
xc.tar.gz), but I'll try to remember to do a binary snapshot, since
building X from source is painful.

Note that there are a lot of infelicities in this port.  Notably, the
keyboard only just works, the cursor's done in software, and there's no
proper screen blanking or DPMS support.  Still, it's enough for me to be
able to use the NC by my bed.

When I get a chance (probably after the ELF transition), I plan to
overhaul this, and probably move to merging VIDC/wscons support into the
modular XFree86 4 server.