Subject: Improvements in Acorn NC support
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/17/2001 11:57:37
[ Sent here since we don't have a port-acorn32 mailing list yet ]

Anyone trying to run NetBSD/acorn32 on an Acorn NC is likely to find the
work I've done over the weekend useful.  Specifically, I've modified the
"ne at podulebus" driver to work around a bug in the MX98905 chip used on
EtherI and EtherN cards, so they can now be used with NetBSD.  I've also
tweaked the vidcvideo driver to find screen modes correctly on the
ARM7500.  Between them, these allow an NC_WSCONS kernel to come up
multi-user on my NC, with a proper display.  I'm now working on X.