Subject: Re: ARM710 bug in UMULL
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
From: None <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/01/2001 12:21:16
> > The ARM7 is said to be able to perform 64 bits = 32 bits * 32 bits
> > multiplications, such as in the UMULL instruction, say:
> >         umull   r2,r4, r1, r3
> >

> Wrong.  The ARM7M can do umull, chips befor that can't.  The only ARM in a
> RISC PC with support for that instruction is a StrongARM.

I see.

DAMN!!! :-(

Do you know a reference to this information? More information?
Are there ARM7M chips pin-compatible with ARM710a perhaps?

Strangely, according to my Acorn ARM assembler manual, UMULL is supported.
I will have to write a macro to emulate it then. I hope GNU as is flexible
enough to support that. If not... I don`t know.

Kim0

PS: Thank you for emailing me directly, as my membership to port-arm32
mailing are apparently not activated yet.