Subject: A couple of questions
To: port-arm32 <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Stuart Winter <m-lists@biscuit.org.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/15/2001 11:58:20
Hi.

I installed NetBSD onto my A7000+ yesterday, but have a couple of questions.

1.  Is it possible to retain the wimpmode that RISC OS was using when booting
into NetBSD?
It is currently in mode 28, with the Sync configured so that it works with my
mono VGA monitor.

When I boot NetBSD, the screen has a horizontal band in the centre of the
screen which just flickers about.

2.  When I try and reboot the machine (shutdown -r now), it doesn't reboot
but will just hang the machine solid.

I'm not sure whether question 2 is related to a hardware problem.  The
machine itself often fails to detect (*podules won't find it) the EtherLan
NIC unless the machine has had a power cycle.

The machine is an A7000+, 40MB RAM, EtherLan 600 in the NIC slot.

Thanks in advance for any help.
--
Personal: http://interlude.org.uk  TBAO: http://biscuit.org.uk