Subject: Re: interrupt variables
To: rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk, Robert Swindells <rjs@genrad.co.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/25/2001 22:32:47
On Tuesday 24 July 2001  3:10 pm, Robert Swindells wrote:
> There are other gains to be had by using the ffs code that is in the arm32
ports.

I'm not actually sure of the gain from ffs, one of the main things it
actually does though is get rid of all the looping and branching in the old
way of testing each bit. I never actually got around to benchmarking it as I
couldn't think of a decent benchmark (others did suggest printing on the
riscpc as being a way to hammer the interrupts...)

I just never got around to redoing it on the hpcarm as hpcarm has now got
generic soft interrupts as well (probably don't really complicate that area
much but not had the time really) which we should really pull back into the
arm32 derived ports.

Cheers,
Chris