Subject: Re: IDE in linux
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/21/2001 11:34:39
> > So I want to know whether there is any IDE for arm?
>
> NetBSD/arm32 has a working IDE driver - the disk in my (NetBSD/arm32)
> mail machine is an IDE one.

Hehe, acronym clash. I bet you are talking about an Integrated Developement
Environment (like M$ VisualDev on Win32), not the disk controller standard.

And sure, this is the wrong list to ask if you would like to go for linux.

You could try NetBSD though (http://www.netbsd.org), and there is an IDE
available for it (which, btw. also is available for Linux). Unfortunately
you did not specify the language you would like to develop in, so I'm
assuming C/C++ for now:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/devel/kdevelop/README.html

Martin