Subject: Shark boot image format
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Dales <michael@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/19/2001 22:44:03
Hi there,

I've been using gcc under NetBSD on my shark to boot my own
bootloader/scheduler for research purposes. I understand that the firmware
expects an aout format binary. I got tired of rebooting into NetBSD all the
time, so decided to build arm-aout gcc (et al) on my Linux workstation.
Anyway, the sharks seem to not want to digest this new image - on netboot it
starts the spinning cursor, and then just stops:

Send a line break to stop the booting process.
Boot device: /isa/ethernet  Arguments:
-

The same code compiles and links with the same options under NetBSD, and works
fine. Is there some magic in the NetBSD/gcc setup that I need to be aware of?

Sorry for the off topicness of this posting. If enough people care, I'm
willing to setup a Shark specific mailing list and host it.

Michael Dales --- email: michael@dcs.gla.ac.uk --- tel: +44 141 330 6297
Department of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G12 8QQ