Subject: Re: StrongARM ?n
To: None <dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com, port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards <larwe@larwe.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/19/2001 08:41:59
>   Would anyone be able to recommend a manufacturer for obtaining a
>couple units running StrongARM for experimentation with this arch?

Depends what you ultimately intend to build.

The simplest/most off-the-shelf and possibly cheapest route is to buy a
Compaq iPaq pocket PC, which runs on a StrongARM. Considerable
experimentation with non-CE OSs has been performed on the iPaq.

We use the ITE 8152F evaluation board, which includes a StrongARM 1110 and
an ITE 8152F PCI bridge (among other things), since our target application
for the SA1110 requires PCI.

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
Embedded Engineer, Digi-Frame Inc.
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Tel (914) 937-4090 9am-6:30pm M-F ET
Personal: http://www.larwe.com/ http://www.zws.com/

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight
that knows not victory nor defeat."
(Theodore Roosevelt)