Subject: Re: Experimental new cosc(4)
To: Leo Smiers <l.smiers@chello.nl>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/06/2001 16:31:46
On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Leo Smiers wrote:

> In message <E15IVAm-00083I-00@chiark.greenend.org.uk> you wrote:
>

> > Incidentally, I suspect the problem is that the driver's not turning on
> > interrupts.  The new cosc.c I got mentioned COSC_INTERRUPTS_ON, but nothing
> > ever defined it, so the test version I produced doesn't use it.  If anyone
> > knows how to turn on interrupts on the cosc, that might help.
> >
> I might be wrong, but I a long tim eago someone/somewere told me that the
> cosc card has no interrupt line, so interrupts don't work. That's way it
> was still a polling driver.

That might explain it.  I'll do a polling version of the driver and see if
that helps.

> In november I wanted to do DMA but as there was
> no solid DMA interface yet for the RPC I stopped and hoped that someone
> was going to add it. In fact I had a message from Richard Earnshaw who asked
> for a couple of evenings to sort it out. I am still waiting..., well I
> stopped wating and stopped at all.

Yeah, we all seem to somewhat overestimate our free time.  Actually, I'd
be quite interested in messing around with DMA stuff, but I haven't got
any documentation of how in works in the Risc PC or a card that uses it.