Subject: Re: Experimental new cosc(4)
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Sebastian Maus <maus@student.physik.uni-mainz.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/05/2001 20:55:23
Jan-Uwe Finck schrieb (Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 08:58:00PM +0200):
> Well, I took the kernel and it doesn't work.
> While booting it stops at
>
> scsibus 0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
>
> Maybe someone else has a different result ?

Disappointingly, I get the same results, also starting the supplied kernel.
As long as this issue isn't settled, the patches should not go into the
tree because every cosc equipped machine would refuse to boot with generic
kernels from the ftp archive.
AFAIR this was the state all over 1.3 and parts of 1.4. At that time I
almost gave up on NetBSD but Leo regularly published his cosc enabled
kernels which I use until today.
Is there anything we cosc owners can do to improve on the drivers or at
least help with fixing the code?

Bye,
 -Sebastian-
--
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wer richtig Mist bauen will, braucht Computer.