Subject: Re: Experimental new cosc(4)
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Jan-Uwe Finck <jufi@nerdnet.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/04/2001 20:58:00
On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 07:38:23PM +0100, Ben Harris wrote:
> Well, I seem to have beaten up Leo Simiers' new cosc(4) to the extent that
> it'll compile with the current scsipi code, and without changing the
> ncr53c9x code.  Now I suppose I need someone to test it.
>
> The source changes are in
> <URL:ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/bjh21/cosc/cosc.tar.gz>, as
> replacements for /usr/src/sys/arch/arm32/podulebus/cosc*, and a patch to
> files.arm32.  There's also a GENERIC kernel in the same directory if
> that's easier.  I'd like people with Connect32 cards to try this out and
> tell me if it works.

Well, I took the kernel and it doesn't work.
While booting it stops at

scsibus 0: waiting 2 sec oncs for devices to settle...

But this has been normal behaviour for several weeks or longer, don't
know as I turned off SCSI support then, it didn't work anyway.
So this probably is no problem of these patches, but of something else.

This is a fresh 1.5.1_BETA2 on a RPC with SA110 and Connect32.

Maybe someone else has a different result ?

But thanks for your work anyway !

--
Greetings,
	Jan-Uwe