Subject: Re: Crosscompile linking questions
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Anders =?iso-8859-1?Q?Nyg=E5rd?= <anders.nygard@netinsight.net>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/04/2001 10:23:01
Chris Gilbert wrote:

> On Tuesday 03 July 2001  3:31 pm, Anders Nygård wrote:

This is my main question:
> > When I compile and link a program for arm32 on i386 it seems to link in
> > all of libc into the executable. Is there a fix/workaround? Is this
> > known behaviour?

This I just threw in since I was mailng anyway, but all replies answer
this question. Am I to asume that nobody knows about linking while
crosscompiling for arm32. Is there a generic way of 'unlinking' uneded
objects.
> > The crosscompiler tools are unable to produce dynamically linked
> > binaries. Does anybody know the reason for this limitation and if it is
> > likely to change soon?
>
> Is it producing elf binaries?  currently netbsd arm elf binaries must be
> statically linked as we've not got working shared libraries yet (it's in the
> works though)
No it is a.out/COFF/XCOFF/whetever the old format.

--
 &ers

Anders Nygård              Net Insight AB
                           Box 42093, SE-126 14 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
Phone:  +46-8-6850690      Visiting address: Västberga Allé 9
Fax:    +46-8-6850420      http://www.netinsight.net