Subject: panic on cvs checkout - revisited
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/14/2001 16:31:25
Like last time I started a thread on this, cvs checkout is giving me some
major hassle on my RiscPC.

While last time the problem went away when I took out the StrongARM and
put in an ARM710, this time I'm having problems with the ARM710.

[dmesg extracts and kernel config file available on request]

I do:

export CVS_RSH=ssh
export CVSROOT=anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
cd /usr
cvs checkout -P pkgsrc

The checkout goes fine until at some random point the machine locks solid.
Keypresses do nothing (not even change keyboard LEDs), the cursor stops
blinking and I can't ping the machine.

Unlike last time, there is no panic message.

I have DIAGNOSTIC compiled into the kernel.

This is a 1.5.1_BETA2 userland running on a 1.5 branch kernel from
yesterday.

When I did cvs -z5 checkout, it seemed to trigger this lockup earlier, but
that might just be pure chance.

Is there anything I can do to eliminate or at least track down the cause
of this lockup?

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget