Subject: CATS questions
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: \"=?ISO-8859-1?Q?H=E5kan Th=F6rngren?=\" <hth@update.uu.se>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/06/2001 23:04:49
I am considering building a machine around a CATS motherboard and have
some questions..  I am new to PC hardware, having used mostly SUN
workstations before.  Just so you understand my limited level of
experience...

How much memory can I put in a CATS?  It is listed as using 2 PC66
DIMMs. Can I put 2 256MB PC100 DIMMs into it and have 512MB?
These 256MB DIMMs are reasonably priced, larger memories appear to
cost a lot more (today).

Is there any high resolution graphics board available for it?  I would
like something like 1600x1200 and 24 bit planes, or at least
1280x1024.  I want to work with photography, no fancy fast 3D
rendering.  A quick browsing around and it seems to exist hardware
that are capable enough, but are there any NetBSD ARM drivers
available (or in the works) for such graphics boards?

/H=E5kan