Subject: Re: Porting NetBSD to the Intrinsyc CerfCube (?)
To: None <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Robert Swindells <swindellsr@genrad.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/04/2001 16:43:39
>This floated by slashdot a few days ago.  A company named Intrinsyc is
>selling a couple of SA1110 based systems, including a small 3x3x3in
>(7.6x 7.6x 7.6cm) aluminum cube called the CerfCube.  They offer it
>running Windows CE and Linux.

>  http://www.intrinsyc.com/products/referenceplatforms/cerfcube.html

>The pricing isn't too terribly bad at $495.

It wouldn't be any harder to port to than the iPAQ.

The only driver that would need a bit of work is one for the cs8900
ethernet controller. The one in the tree was a bit ISA specific
instead of using bus_space the last time I looked.

I could be cynical and suggest that there isn't much point working on
it as the changes won't make it into the tree.

I'll make one last attempt to integrate SA1110 support into current
before giving up.

Robert Swindells