Subject: Re: Install problem
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Daniels <dave_daniels@argonet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/24/2001 18:15:29
In article <Pine.NEB.4.33.0105211905580.406-100000@odysseus>,
   David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org> wrote:
> Maybe put up an entry in Ports/arm32/faq.html, link to it in the
> 	Wakefield news entry in Ports/arm32/index.html (add one :) and mail
> 	details to csa and port-arm32 with as many keywords as possible to
> 	pick up on a websearch? :)

When I installed NetBSD 1.5, it seemed to me that the
documentation for installing the software on Acorn machines was
not very good. I made notes as I went along with the intention of
writing them up to give people an example they could follow. In
the end I did not do this, but assuming I can find my notes, it
might be worth me doing it now for NetBSD 1.5.1. I could describe
a sample installation from CD and also what to do if you just
download all the files from the NetBSD site, which is much more
interesting when you do not have a working Ethernet card! I would
not write an installation manual, just an account of what I did.
Do you think that would be of use?

Dave Daniels