Subject: Re: Argh! panic on cvs checkout
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/24/2001 12:30:11
On Thu, 24 May 2001, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> > Remember the problem occurs when
> >
> > 1) The last instruction in the page is ldr or ldm that writes the PC
> > 2) The next page is not mapped
>
> Evil idea: "always map the next page when the last longword is a ldr or ldm
> that writes the PC."

It would seem like the only reliable way to do it... do we by any chance
already have code to read ahead on pageins? If so, we could abuse this to
force the read ahead in that case (and then check the last word of that
page...) and also put in a check to refuse to page out a page if the
PC. I think that should do it...

Conditional on a rev 2 SA being detected, of course.

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget