Subject: Re: Install problem
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Daniels <dave_daniels@argonet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/21/2001 18:51:57
In article <01052100032902.00422@pinky.paradox.demon.co.uk>,
   Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Yes, seems I missed that when checking the CD.  The images are compressed, so
> they do need to be uncompressed, I think sparkplug might be capable of doing
> so.  Otherwise gzip should be able to:
> http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~arcangel/files/
> should work.

Yes, the install kernel does need to be un-gzip'ed. Apart from that,
I installed 1.5.1 from the CD over the top of 1.5 system without
any problems. In fact, it was the most painless NetBSD install I
have done on my RiscPC! The only thing I would say it that sysinst
seems to leave you with 'rc_configured' in /etc/rc.conf set up
as 'rc_configured=NO'. I think that you will find that the
learning curve has suddenly become a vertical wall if you are not
sure how to progress after you reboot as you end up having to
mount things by hand before you can edit rc.conf.

Apart from that, well done! I think that you have done a good job
on the CDs.

Dave Daniels