Subject: Re: Wakefield CD
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/15/2001 10:12:03
Having had numerous comments on the CD's I'm proposing the following as more
suited to the average user that doesn't really care about source code:

CD 1:
1.5.1_BETA2 (or maybe release...)
X server
NetBSD web pages from htdocs
Uptodate NetBSD Guide.
Lots of packages (what do people count as key packages to have?):
Mozilla is in that list (and it's dependancies)  (oh and it really does work
on CATS, so it should on an RPC
chimera (smaller web browser, maybe another small one)
Gnome would be good (just kicked off bulk build on my Cats :)
emacs
vim
bash
tcsh
Fill the rest up with as many packages as possible then.
Perhaps include rox src in a subdir.
The file from the talk I'm giving/html output pages.

CD 2:
1.5.1 source code
X src code
I'd like to get current onto as installable, but not sure I've got the time
as my previous arm32 current build is on one of my RiscPC disks
current source code
The rest of the packages that couldn't fit on CD 1.

Thanks to David Forbes for supplying lots of packages (about 800 MB's worth!)

Note that KDE2 will not be on the CD's as it doesn't build on any a.out
platform due to brokeness in the Makefiles.  Someone is going to look into
this at some point.

Any objections, comments, something I'm missing?

Cheers,
Chris