Subject: Re: Help with XF86Config?
To: Alex Bach Andersen <abca@ccl4.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/29/2001 20:34:13
> Hi all,
>
> I've finally taken the plunge and with good support from a NetBSD addict
> via IRC and phone, I've managed to install and run it.

A good start. Welcome to the world of NetBSD.

> on exit, does anybody have a file I could learn from?

Assuming (from your sig) you are on a RiscPC. The X Server for the RiscPC does
not require any kind of configuration file. By default it will use the screen
mode that your console is running in but that can be changed using setdisplay.
This is not installed as part of the base system but can be installed using
the NetBSD package system (pkgsrc) and is in misc/vidc-tools

To run the RiscPC X server just do the following as root:

cd /usr/X11R6/bin
rm -f X
ln -s Xarm32VIDC X

You should then be able to start the X Server with:

startx

HTH

Mike