Subject: Re: Wakefield CD
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/23/2001 22:01:29
On Monday 23 April 2001  9:36 pm, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> > Also Xsrc build against 1.5.1 (will probably be xfree86 v3.3.6 based, as
> > we don't do 4.0.x on arm)
>
> It used to be the case (though I haven't tried it recently), that Xsrc had
> to be built with gcc-2.95 because something was being miscompiled in the
> libraries.

Really?  I'd not heard of that one, I did the previous CD's with the standard
gcc.  Hmm, There's a possibility it's been fixed or made into a -O0 file?

> > Please note that I'm in the US from tommorrow (tuesday) till Sunday
>
> Have fun...

Not sure on that, Going to ft lauderdale via JFK, it's a great way to add 3
hours to a flight, ah well, it's on the company :)

> > (yep I'm completely without internet access :).
>
> Life can be so hard at times...

I'll cope, not sure my mailbox will, (ponders how many emails all the lists
I'm on can send in 1 week)

Cheers,
Chris

Ps which is your real email addr?  Richard.Earnshaw or rearnsha at buzzard?
(I know that they both go to the same account, but it gets confusing :)