Subject: Help required - Where is the arm32/platform/prep?
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Potts <stevepotts@blastzone.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/20/2001 00:45:19
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me, I've just recently downloaded files for
NetBSD arm32 (1.5T) and the documents refer to something called
arm32/platform/prep - which I thought was a directory to be found on the ftp
sites.  I can't find such a directory anywhere.

I have in the past used RiscBSD 1.4Alpha and got this installed, but now I
have RISC OS 4.02 on my Risc PC and with the new Bootloader for NetBSD,
installation appears not to work the same way.

I have run the partition setup program, but not sure if this worked
correctly, it did not screw up my Primary (RISC OS) Partition, so I think it
is okay.

I can't figure out how to boot the installation kernel.  With RiscBSD, I just
had to load the boot loader program and point it at the kernel I wanted to
boot, but this has changed for NetBSD and I can't find any documentation for
it.

I have not yet installed the fastboot stuff into my Risc PC boot files, as
this appears to be for the next stage after I have an installation on a
partition of the disk.

Thanks in anticipation.

--
StevePotts@blastzone.demon.co.uk (http://www.blastzone.demon.co.uk/)

Are you sick of Windows PCs crashing?  There are alternatives you know.
http://www.riscos.org/ and http://www.riscos.com/